[cisco-voip] security concern regarding cups

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Tue Nov 24 10:45:45 EST 2009

For CUPS (the server) it pulls the ldap synchronization from the CUCM configuration.  If you want this to be secure then configure LDAPS in CUCM.

On the CUPC clients the ldap searches they make can be configured to use TLS or anonymous bind (neither will have cleartext passwords on the wire).  You configure TLS per-server in CUPS Application->CUPC->Ldap Server.   The anonymous bind is configured in the Ldap Profile.

To use LDAPS from CUPS to AD you'll need to upload the certificate information to the CUPS OS page the same as CUCM.

-Ryan