[cisco-voip] Off site subscriber for disaster recovery

Pat Hayes pat-cv at wcyv.com
Tue Nov 24 11:40:36 EST 2009

For UC, both database and messages(files) are replicated in real time
and you would probably be asking for trouble if you short it on the
bandwidth. There isn't a way to actively only replicate configuration
info, but what about a cold-standby? Stage a clean install of UC
running the same version at your DR site. Take DRS backups nightly and
copy them over. If/when the time comes, you run the DRS restore. If
you choose not to restore messages, the restore would be pretty quick,
probably under 30 mins.