[cisco-voip] Extension Mobility issue

Cristobal Priego cristobalpriego at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 13:59:48 EDT 2009

take a look at this bug

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCse37151

*IPPM: Phone displays XML Parse Error when accessing Contact List *
*Symptom:XML
Parser Error on phone when "Prompt" element contains 32 characters.

"Prompt" element can show up in many XML objects supported by Cisco phones,
such as CiscoIPPhoneInput, CiscoIPPhoneMenu, etc. According to XML schema,
the maximum number of characters contained in "Prompt" element is 32.
Therefore

abceefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz123456 should not cause any problem.

This defect talks about the problem where the above causes phone to show XML
Parse Error.

*

*Conditions: See Symptom*

*Workaround:Shorten the length to 31 or less.*

*Further Problem Description:*