[cisco-voip] SRST Test Plan

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Fri Oct 2 09:34:02 EDT 2009

Not sure if this will cover everything, but here are some of the things I did in the past. And this didn't involve visiting the remote site, which was pretty cool too.

    • Create an ACL that blocks the remote router and a local phone(s) from from reaching the CallManager servers. This will allow you to simulate a network down. You should still have remote access (telnet,ssh) to the router to view the logs.
    • See how long it takes for the router PSTN ports to register to the router.
    • See how long it takes for the phone(s) to register to the router.
    • See that your dial-plan continues to work and that you can make the appropriate off-net and on-net calls. This is of course one sentence to describe what will be the bulk of your work.
    • See that your COR lists allow and deny the appropriate off-net call patterns.
    • See that you can make inbound calls to the appropriate PLAR or DID, whatever you are using.
    • See that your CUE module registers to the router and continues to operate (if you have one installed).
    • See that your CDRs are being cut or transferred correctly to your RADIUS server (if you have chosen to do so).

I think that's about it, but I'm sure others will contribute.

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
(519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (JNHN)
"Bad grammar makes me [sic]" - Tshirt