[cisco-voip] Extension Mobility issue

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Fri Oct 2 10:24:58 EDT 2009

Are you using any locales on the phone?  The parse error means the
phone has received characters that aren't valid.  If in doubt get a
packet capture from the phone when receiving the error and look at the
http data to see what xml is being sent to the phone.

You didn't mention what phone model you are using and this is very
important as the newer phones use the internal directories feature
with CUCM 7 while the older phones still use the services URL from
enterprise parameters.  If you are getting the error when you hit the
services button double check the services URL and look at all of the
services the phone is subscribed to.  It could not be EM but another
service that has the character the phone cannot parse.

-Ryan