[cisco-voip] 190[12679] number question

Karen Cheng kcheng at thiess.com.au
Mon Oct 5 01:02:36 EDT 2009

Hey guys,

Not sure if I'm going nuts or not but currently we use the AUNP and in one of our router-filters we have the following clauses to match and block.

*         DIALUP-ACCCESS

*         DIALUP-SUBSCRIBER

*         LOCALRATE-ACCESS

*         NATIONALRATE-ACCESS

*         PAGING-ACCESS

*         PERSONAL-ACCESS

*         SPECIALRATE-ACCESS

*         SUBSCRIBER-ACCESS

*         SUBSCRIBER

*         PREMIUM-ACCESS

According to the Cisco documentation the DIALUP-ACCESS clause and the PREMIUM-ACCESS clause should match any 019 number or 190[12679] number.

But when I go to do a Dialled Number Analysis I can dial numbers beginning with 1901, 1902 but cannot dial 1900.

From what I read of the filters it should block all 3??

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/idp/504_423/deploy/dpDlPlns.html#wp1041485

Can anyone help explain this?

Karen Cheng
Network Engineer - ICT
Thiess Business Services

Thiess Pty Ltd
179 Grey Street | South Bank QLD 4101
T +61 7 3002 9807
F +61 7 3002 9829
M 0437 549 439
www.thiess.com.au<http://www.thiess.com.au/>

IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments may be confidential and privileged.  If received in error, please contact Thiess and delete all copies.  You may not rely on advice and documents received by email unless confirmed by a signed Thiess letter.  This restriction on reliance will not apply to the extent that the above email communication is between parties to a contract and is authorised under that contract.  Before opening or using attachments, check them for viruses and defects.  Thiess' liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments.