[cisco-voip] SyslogSeverityMatchFound on nbslogpd

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Mon Oct 5 09:58:48 EDT 2009

nblogpd - non blocking syslog proxy implemented because the original
syslog would go into blocking state which would cause any logging
process to also block.  This was bad for ccm process when syslog got too
busy.

messages were dropped - non blocking syslog implements a buffer.  When
buffer is filled faster than it can be written to disk then messages are
dropped.

how to fix?  take a look at all syslogs (system,security,callmanager)
and see what is rapidly/frequently/consistently writing to the logs.
Address why that is happening.

historically unconfigured or misconfigured devices have been leading
triggers.  They cause transient connection attempts and registration
failed messages repeatedly.

/Wes