[cisco-voip] Idle URL images CM4.2

Tim Medley tim.medley11 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 14:07:21 EDT 2009

Have a customer that is wanting an idle URL setup on their phones that
presents their logo. Running CM 4.2 and the phones are 7965 and 7975's.

I found an older doc on CC that talks about converting images to CIP
and I can make this work, but the final image looks like garbage,
since the CIP image is grayscale and a low bit rate.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00801c0764.shtml

I am wondering if anyone has any updated info or file specs for
setting this up with the higher resolution color phones such as the
7965 and 7975's.

Unfortunately, I cannot set the image up as a background image, I need
to use the idle URL image.

thanks,

tm

Tim Medley