[cisco-voip] 190[12679] number question

Karen Cheng kcheng at thiess.com.au
Mon Oct 5 21:12:09 EDT 2009

Figured it out.

The issue/weirdness that I was experiencing was that without any RF’s matching 1900 to block and everything was being allowed the call for a 1900 number was still being dropped/blocked.

DNA was also showing it not being matched to any 0.@ pattern which was even weirder for me.

I was looking at the problem the wrong way. I thought the call-manager had a system setting that blocked numbers beginning with 1900.

The actual issue is that 1900 XXX XXX doesn’t actually match anything in the AUNP. This was actually due to the AUNP Dial Plan version, the version installed didn’t have 1900’s as a number recognised.

So if I was to create a pattern manually that matches 01900XXXXXX it would then match.

I have since downloaded the latest AUNP Dial Plan and tested it on the LAB box and it works now.

So in summary  I had 2 issues. I couldn’t block 1901 and 1902 numbers. And 1900 numbers were being dropped for no apparent reason.

So the first issue was due to the Premium-Access filter not being applied and then not applied to the correct Partition. And the second issue was due to an older version of DP for AUNP which didn’t recognise 1900 as a number pattern. This is then fixed by upgrading to the latest DP version.

Thanks everyone for all your help too. Very much appreciated.

Regards

Karen Cheng
Network Engineer - ICT
Thiess Business Services