[cisco-voip] Cisco CME: SIP or SCCP?

Jeff C cuddlesworth84 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 13:11:44 EDT 2009

Greetings All!

While I'm not intentionally trying to start a huge debate...I am interested
to hear what the groups opinions are for deploying a Unified Communications
Manager Express (CME) with Cisco phones...using which protocol?

I'm starting out right now and the Cisco Voice CCNA book seems to almost
exclusively reference SCCP.  However, from what I see and hear SIP is
becoming more and more prevalent.

What are the pro's and con's for using SCCP in CME? SIP in CME?...

Any opinions or references to factual information would be great.