[cisco-voip] Location Question

STEVEN CASPER SCASPER at mtb.com
Fri Oct 9 13:31:54 EDT 2009

You are way off base on your reply,  since my question references the help screen here is a snippet from the help screen:

G.729 call uses 24 kbps.
GSM call uses 29 kbps.
Wideband call uses 272 kbps.

Note : Each call comprises two call streams. To improve audio quality, lower the bandwidth setting, so fewer active calls are allowed on the link to this location.
Video

Now of course 240 divided by 24 = 10. I am curious about the "Each call comprises two call streams". So is it 240 dived by 24 or 240 divided by 48. I would assume by 24 but why the comment about the two call streams then?

>>> Tanner Ezell <tanner.ezell at gmail.com> 10/9/2009 12:52 PM >>>
Funny, I remember seeing this question on a Cisco exam.

Two things,

1) It's a bad idea to ask questions off an exam here
2) If you don't know that a G.729 call consumes about 24kbps in bandwidth, you should try harder.

Cheers.