[cisco-voip] Location Question

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 15:05:34 EDT 2009

Lelio Fulgenzi wrote:
> I think the other 'bad' thing about CAC is that if you have two links,
> one primary and one backup, CAC has no idea to lower the number of calls.
>
> I _think_ RSVP is supposed to fix that but is very complex. Sorta like
> tax law.

I may be wrong on this, but I think that RSVP only takes a "single pass";
if there are multiple paths, and the routing policy says "Take Path A", but
Path A doesn't have sufficient RSVP bandwidth, the stream _doesn't_ take
Path B instead, even if path B has enough.

I hope that someone can prove me wrong, or I'm mis-reading the RSVP design
guide.