[cisco-voip] Intermittent call failure on QSIG trunk

Syed Khalid Ali syed.khalid.khursheed at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 06:10:17 EDT 2009

Make sure that PBX guy configured all the channels. I did an integration a
month back with Nortel 61c and we were continuously getting the channel not
in service error and guess what he did not configured all the channels.

I also observed that for some reason the PRI card in the PBX is disabled
automatically and the PBX guy had to enable it manually.

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 12:25 PM, Sechaba Mokoena <sechabam at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Wes,
>
> The B-Channels on my router are all in service, the only problem is that I
> don't have visibility on the Alcatel PABX, we are making arrangements with
> the vendor to investigate. We have access to all 30 channels on the PRI from
> what I understand. We'll have a look at the channel selection order on the
> Alcatel PABX. Thanks for the assistance.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Sechaba Mokoena
>

> On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 4:39 PM, Wes Sisk <wsisk at cisco.com> wrote:
>
>>  So either an invalid channel was selected or one was selected that was
>> already in use.
>> invalid channel - only reason this typically happens is that B-channels
>> are taken out of service. Are the b-channels out of service for some reason?
>> is this a fractional PRI where only some b-ch are used?
>> already in use - this is called "collision" and is usually mitigated by
>> using opposing channel selection order on the CO and provider equipment.
>> One does top down, the other bottom up.
>>
>> observing 'debug isdn q931' for a while prior to the error would allow you
>> to track the state of things and clarify why the error is happening.
>>
>> /wes
>>

>> On Wednesday, October 14, 2009 10:27:29 AM, Sechaba Mokoena
>> <sechabam at gmail.com> <sechabam at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a 3825 router connected to a Siemens HiPath PABX with a QSIG. My
>> Cisco IP Phones place calls to the PSTN though the QSIG trunk. I've been
>> having intermittent errors with placing calls through the trunk, and I've
>> picked up the following error through debugs:
>>
>> **ERROR**: CCPMSG_OutCall: fails with cause 0x22
>> Cause i = 0x80A2 - No circuit/channel available
>>
>> I don't think its over utilization, I checked the channels in use and only
>> a third were active. Does anyone know what could be causing this.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Sechaba Mokoena

Thanks,
Syed Khalid Ali