[cisco-voip] line protocol down in BRI interface

Doug McIntyre merlyn at Geeks.ORG
Thu Oct 15 17:10:52 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 03:59:46PM -0500, anand wrote:
> Hi i have BRI interface cards on cisco 3845 router.I connected to ISDN
> simulator.The show ip interafce on the router says the line is up and
> protocol is down.
>
> The isdn simulator i used is ADTRAN ATLAS 550.Can someone help me why the
> proctocol is down.

Make sure that the ports are set to be Network ports in the Atlas.

Make sure the switch types are the same from what the Atlas is
pretending to be, to what the Cisco is expecting to talk to it.

Make sure that you are doing the same handoff (ie. U or S/T) off the
Atlas compared to what cards you have installed on your Cisco (they
only have S/T VICs IIRC?).

Make sure your SPIDs are setup right from the Atlas to the Cisco.

Basic line trouble shooting is here.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk379/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094b78.shtml

Then, do q.921 debugging in the Cisco..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110442206559&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:1123