[cisco-voip] uc500 ssh help

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Sun Oct 18 10:32:26 EDT 2009

Try searching cisco.com (or google) for PAT, or port address
translation.

-Ryan

On Oct 18, 2009, at 10:28 AM, Andrew Waddle wrote:

Hello everyone!
  I have a pix 501 at the front of my network at home, with my uc500
directly behind it, I use port 22 to ssh into my pix from the outside,
but I also what to ssh into my uc500 that's behind my pix, I only have
one public IP address so i think i need to use some form of port
forwarding or redirection of some sort. my thoughts were to redirect
port 2222 from my pix to the outside interface of my uc500, that way
whenever I try to ssh using port 2222 my pix will redirect that port
to the uc500...

another question is once port 2222 is redirect to the uc500, i need
some way of the uc500 knowing that port 2222 should be used for an ssh
connection

any help would be greatly appreciated

--
Andrew Waddle