[cisco-voip] QS: 794x and 796x vs 7911G dialing history behavior

Syed Khalid Ali syed.khalid.khursheed at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 11:12:49 EDT 2009

Dear Group:

I have couple of 7911, 7940/41 and 7960/61 phones running with CallManager
4.2. If user dials number on 7911 phones, with repeated pattern for example:
03xxxx, 034xxx 0xxxxx and as soon as user press ZERO (0), respective numbers
dialed previously are displayed on phone display and user can select with
SCROLL KEY instead of dialing the complete number.

But this behavior is not available on higher end model.

Can any one confirm if this is the NORMAL behavior with 7911G but 794x and
796x phone don't provide is luxury OR there is some configuration parameter
that must be done for 794x and 796x phones OR do I need to upgrade the
firmware.

If I need to upgrade to newer firmware, what is the latest and most
stable/compatible firmware release for CCM 4.2(3)

--
Thanks,
Syed Khalid Ali