[cisco-voip] Phone Proxy - Media Termination Address?

Dane dane at pktloss.net
Wed Oct 28 16:39:42 EDT 2009

According to the documention regarding setting up phone proxy on the
ASA it states:

"It must reside in the same ip subnet as the outside interface of the firewall"

I have two outside interfaces on my ASA.  We needed more IP's and
second internet connection so we setup an "outside2" also.  The
original outside interface has no unused IP's in that subnet part of
the reason we got the second connection and larger subnet block with
external IP's.

The wording in that statement is very specific, so much so it makes me
wonder if I will be able to setup the phone proxy to use the new
"outside2" interface or not.

Anyone have experience or thoughts regarding this?

Any insight is appreciated.

Regards,
Dane