[cisco-voip] calls from a VCO machine across a VG224

Leschinskey, John jleschins at RADFORD.EDU
Thu Oct 29 11:54:01 EDT 2009

Hello everyone,

I  am currently in the process of converting my campus to VoIP.  As part of this conversion, we are placing faculty member on VG224s.  Today, on one of my cutovers, I found that one of the faculty had a VCO machine.  I have added a translation pattern to allow 711 to be dialed to reach the relay for translation.   In testing, I found that the faculty member was receiving gibberish in some places of the conversation.

Has anyone worked with this situation and can you offer any advice on how to fix this?  My first guess is that there is some frequencies that are being lost and this is causing the gibberish.

Thank you for any help that you can provide.

John

John Leschinskey
Network Services
Radford University