[cisco-voip] CUCM6+E1 PRI A-law

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Thu Oct 29 15:08:25 EDT 2009

Not that I can tell.  CUCM makes no distinction between a-law and u-
law for g.711.  The only reason a phone would use one vs the other is
if the device the phone was talking to only advertised one and not the
other.   Internally to CUCM there is a preference among codecs that
use the same bandwidth.  For the 64kbps codecs this preference is g.
722, g.711u, g.711a.

-Ryan