[cisco-voip] PSAP sees Billing Telephone Number, not DID associated with phone

Jeff Garvas jeff at cia.net
Fri Oct 30 20:04:49 EDT 2009

We have this exact problem with Windstream in Nebraska.   It (PS-ALI) was a
tarrifed issue that they wouldn't back down on, and based on the charges and
the size of the facility we decided to simply mask all outbound calls that
were for 911 to use the BTN.    I think we actually had them do it since
they offered to do it for free.

Translations saw everything properly, but the PSAP wasn't getting the proper
address information at all.  The other DIDs were going to the default PSAP
and actually getting routed to a neighboring county 911 center.