[cisco-voip] Vg224 SCCP Phone doesn't Ring

Tim Medley tim.medley11 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 15:08:37 EDT 2009

Having an issue with a new deployment with a VG224 configured in CM4.1
(3) as SCCP.

This is a mixed environment with Cisco IP Phones and VG224 with analog
phones in a warehouse area.

If I place a call from an IP Phone to a VG224 phone, VG phone rings,
and the call works fine.

If I call from the PSTN to a VG224 Phone, the VG224 phone does not
ring. If someone picks up the handset while I am test calling, the
call connects and we have a good clean call; the analog phone just
didnt ring.

The path of the inbound PSTN call is  POTS Line --> FXO port on a IOS
router --> PLAR to Unity AA --> Transfer to CCM and then the VG224
Phone.

Seems like a voltage issue with the VG224 port, but why would the the
calls be different?

Trying to determine where to look at this issue. Have two sites, setup
identical. And both are having the issue. We were one rev behind on
the latest VG224 IOS and i have upgraded the IOS but cannot reload
until after hours. Not sure IOS is the issue, but something to try and
rule out.

Thanks,

tm

Tim Medley