[cisco-voip] Troubleshooting Fax Problems

Countryman, Edward Edward.Countryman at provena.org
Fri Sep 4 11:18:49 EDT 2009

I have a remote site (50 users) trunked with a PRI to a 2821 router.  I
use ata186's for fax machines.  The users at this site are reporting
that many of the folks that used to be able fax to them prior to moving
in cannot now that they are on an ATA.  The fax machine reports "line
failure" or "no fax detected" when this occurs.  Other sites can fax in
no problem.  The gateway is set up for fax-pass-through and DTFM relay
"Current GW Config" (?) and the DSPware is current (28x).  The ATA
parameters of course are cryptic.  We are a CCM 61 shop

I will likely go to tac but this is one of those problems that is
painful to troubleshoot.  I was looking for thoughts and experiences on
resolving these types of issues.