[cisco-voip] Using Cisco SRST Gateway as Multicast MOH

Wilson Hew wilsonhew at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 12:48:14 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am setting up a new branch running SRST. CM and Voice Gateway have been
configured according to the guide "Integrating Cisco CallManager and Cisco
SRST to Use Cisco SRST as a Multicast MOH Resource".

In CM, I have configured a Region of G.711 for MOH Server, enabled
Multicasting etc.
In the Voice Gateway, I have configured the Multicast MOH as well.

Everything works well including playing MOH to PSTN. But I am having a
problem when HQ initiates MOH, remote branch does not get MOH.
There is no problem when remote branch initiates the MOH (HQ phones get
MOH).

May I know what is wrong? Do I need to enable multicasting in HQ router?

Appreciate your feedback.

Regards,
GY