[cisco-voip] Mask Inbound Calling NAME on MGCP T1 CAS Trunk?

Andrew Dorsett vtadorsett at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 17:46:13 EDT 2009

I found through some testing that setting the station-name won't take effect
if you have inbound caller-id.  It will only apply to an interface which has
the caller-id removed or blocked.  However, in CUCM 6.1+ you can configure
an outbound caller name on a SIP trunk which will override any caller name
already present on the call.  So a simple solution is to bounce the call out
to CUBE and back via a SIP trunk.  You can then configure media flow-around
which will prevent CUBE from being in the middle of the media stream and
allow you to use it simply to just modify the name.
Andrew