[cisco-voip] CUxAC

Bennie Grant Bennie.Grant at mettoni.com
Wed Sep 9 11:04:39 EDT 2009

Wow, direct messages through this forum - not sure if I should be honored or scared! :)

CUBAC & CUDAC use CTI to show line state - its all done via CTI. However, CUEAC uses CTI along with AXL as you say.

The reason for this is that CTI does not scale "cluster wide" - it has limitations. Therefore, by using the SuperProvider model (which uses AXL), the line state is handled on a "per request" basis - therefore, as long as the operator does not need to know the status of 5000 phones at the exact same time (which they wont of course), this provides the scalability to show line state on any phone in the cluster - even if the cluster has 50,000 phones

Regarding the website, this is just because we posted some videos that were specific to CUEAC, so we created the page there. You're right about the CUBAC/CUDAC - it is misleading as its not there - I'll have a look at this and see what we can post up there to make it more wide reaching

Let me know if you need any more clarification on this - as I say, the main reason for the CUEAC difference is technical - to work around CTI Scalability/Load issues on the CUCM

Cheers

Bennie Grant
VP - Operations
Arc Solutions (International) Inc