[cisco-voip] IPCCX HA design

Tired Banchini tired.banchini at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 9 18:30:36 EDT 2009

Hi Folks,

I am getting mixed messages on a design question with regards to IPCCX HA
from both A/C team and documentation. I have read the SRND, but maybe I am
in denial ! and don't want to believe what I am reading.

The SRND states the follow for two-server HA design

"Unified CCX servers and the Cisco Unified CM servers that are running CTI
Managers with which Cisco Unified CCX communicates must be located in the
same Campus LAN and the round-trip delay between these servers should be
less than 2 ms"....

"Other Cisco Unified CM nodes within the same Cisco Unified CM cluster can
be located across the WAN in a Cisco Unified CM cluster that is split over
the WAN.."

I read this as all devices participating in the IPCCX HA function must be
within 2ms of each other? but other devices i.e. CUCM although part of CUCM
cluster can be elsewhere........is this really true ?? I can understand
somewhat the latency requirement between the IPCCX servers for SQL etc. but
for the CTI components between the CUCM and IPCCX ?? I am working with a
client with a 2 node CUCM cluster over the WAN who wants IPCCX HA in
place.... are we really saying we need an extra node in the CUCM cluster in
addition to the second IPCCX server to give them that.. this is not great.

TB