[cisco-voip] 7942 POE issues with 3550 switch

Countryman, Edward Edward.Countryman at provena.org
Mon Sep 14 11:42:48 EDT 2009

Recently attempted to deploy (6) brand new 7942 phones at one of my
smaller physician office sites.  The phones all exhibited erratic power
on behavior and would not complete the boot up.  I find it hard to
believe all six new phones are bad out of the box so I am wondering
about the network switch which is an older 3550 but running new IOS
(c3550-ipbasek9-mz.122-50.SE3.bin).   CCM 6.1.3 and the 7942s are
running sccp 8.4.2s.     Has this ever happened to anyone else?