[cisco-voip] That's weird: analog paging has no voice path in 12.4(24)T1, but works in 12.4(15)

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 10:55:37 EDT 2009

Robert Kulagowski wrote:
> Justin Steinberg wrote:
>> are you using a FXS interface?  almost sounds like maybe a battery
>> reversal mismatch could be disconnecting the call just after you hear
>> the paging tone.    if it is FXS, you could try toggling the
>> 'battery-reversal' commands.    I doubt there would be a default IOS
>> behavior change related to battery-reversal between 12.4(15)T and
>> 12.4(24)T but it's worth a try.  I think you have to 'shut'/'no shut'
>> the port after you make the config change.
>
> Tried that on the voice port, did a shut/no shut, no difference.  Tone
> comes on indicating that the paging unit has picked up, but no voice
> path is established.

Weirder.  The command isn't actually "sticking".

USTXDAVGW01#sh run | sec voice-port 2/0/2
voice-port 2/0/2
USTXDAVGW01#conf t
Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.
USTXDAVGW01(config)#voice-port 2/0/2
USTXDAVGW01(config-voiceport)#battery-reversal
USTXDAVGW01(config-voiceport)#shut
USTXDAVGW01(config-voiceport)#no shut
USTXDAVGW01(config-voiceport)#^Z
USTXDAVGW01#sh run | sec voice-port 2/0/2
voice-port 2/0/2

Doesn't that usually mean that whatever I already entered is the default?