[cisco-voip] DHCP Migration Strategy - RFC

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Thu Sep 17 17:02:30 EDT 2009

depending on your nw topology this could still be a problem:
CSCso60222    After DHCP Monitor service is stopped, IP is given to DHCP
clients

make sure DHCP DISCOVER (and renew as a subset of DISC) will not reach
the CM server.

Phones tend to go haywire when lease duration goes below something like
5 minutes so I would stay very clear of that on the order of 1 hour.  I
don't have the bug for that handy.

/Wes