[cisco-voip] DHCP Migration Strategy - RFC

Norton, Mike mikenorton at pwsd76.ab.ca
Thu Sep 17 17:08:49 EDT 2009

If you are concerned about side-effects of altering lease time and your scopes happen to have a lot of spare addresses, you could do it with exclusions instead. E.g. for a /24 subnet with 100 phones you could exclude .128-.254 on the old server, wait for all phones to get leases below .128, switch to the new server and exclude .1-.127 on it, wait for all phones to get leases above .127 and then remove the exclusion.

--
Mike Norton
I.T. Support