[cisco-voip] Unity connection imap

Dane Newman dane.newman at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 13:16:42 EDT 2009

Hello

I followed the quick steps below to enable users to be able to connect via
imap port 143 to my unity connection server via outlook 2007.

I added the user to my outlook and tried to use the username and password
but it keeps rejecting my password.  I tried my phone pin and active
directory user password (since the user was synced via ldap) and still does
not work it keeps rejecting me.  I was curious if I had to do anything else

*My environment: Unity Connection 7.0*

To enable IMAP access on Unity Connection, it is not as obvious as expected,
because the setting is under the “SMTP Configuration” session.

1. System Settings > SMTP Configuration > Server

2. On the Edit menu, click Search IP Address Access List

3. To add a new IP address to the list, click Add New

4. Enter * to allow all hosts. Of course you can make it more restrictive

5. Save

6. Check the “Allow Connection” checkbox, otherwise all hosts will be
rejected.

7. Save again.

8. Done. You can now use your mail client to access Unity Connection mailbox
via IMAP. Make sure you have the IMAP license for your users otherwise you
will not able to connect to CUC with IMAP.