[cisco-voip] CUBE ringback problem

Brandon Phelps btphelps at atomicnets.com
Sat Sep 19 19:58:48 EDT 2009

Situation: PSTN originator gets no ringback on calls when they are being
transfered from Unity to ip phone.

Topology:

PSTN---Verizon---(sip)---CUBE---(h323)---CM_6---Unity

I get ringback when I initially call in, just not on transfer. The CUBE
is doing transcoding from g711 to g729 on box (using the funky telephony
services config).

I assume it is some interworking thing that someone has already
experienced. Anybody seen this?

Here is the interworking and transcoding config:

!
voice service voip
  dtmf-interworking rtp-nte
  allow-connections h323 to h323
  allow-connections h323 to sip
  allow-connections sip to h323
  allow-connections sip to sip
  no supplementary-service h450.2
  no supplementary-service h450.3
  no supplementary-service sip moved-temporarily
  no supplementary-service sip refer
  fax protocol pass-through g711ulaw
  h323
  sip
   bind control source-interface Loopback0
   bind media source-interface Loopback0
   early-offer forced
   midcall-signaling passthru

sccp local GigabitEthernet0/0
sccp ccm 1.2.3.4 identifier 2 priority 2 version 6.0
sccp ccm 1.2.3.5 identifier 1 priority 1 version 6.0
sccp
!
sccp ccm group 10
  associate ccm 1 priority 1
  associate ccm 2 priority 2
  associate profile 1 register XCODE-CUBE_DC
!
dspfarm profile 1 transcode
  codec g711ulaw
  codec g729r8
  codec g729abr8
  codec g729ar8
  codec g729br8
  maximum sessions 48
  associate application SCCP

!
telephony-service
  sdspfarm units 1
  sdspfarm transcode sessions 96
  sdspfarm tag 1 XCODE-CUBE_DC
  max-ephones 1
  max-dn 1
  ip source-address 1.2.3.10 port 2000
  max-conferences 12 gain -6
  transfer-system full-consult
  create cnf-files version-stamp Jan 01 2002 00:00:00
!
!