[cisco-voip] IP Communicator RTP Port Negotiation

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Tue Sep 29 15:46:26 EDT 2009

CIPC can choose to receive audio on only those ports but the phone will
choose the port number for the other side.

CM sends SCCP OpenReceiveChannel to CIPC
CIPC sends OpenReceiveChannelAck to CM stating IP and port where it is
waiting to receive audio

the same happens for the other physical phone side.

The CIPC setting will not affect the port numbers chosen by the physical
phone.

/Wes