[cisco-voip] FW: [RTMT-ALERT-CM1-Cluster] AuthenticationFailed

Tim Reimers treimers at ashevillenc.gov
Tue Sep 29 16:37:21 EDT 2009

Number of AuthenticationFailed events exceeds 1 within 1 minutes. The
alert is generated on Tue Sep 29 11:11:27 EDT 2009 on cluster
CM1-Cluster.

Does anyone know where a Cisco document is on how to use traces to find
that?

I've looked in various trace lots in RTMT, but I cannot figure out the
right trace (callmanager, system, SDI, etc) to be looking for.

I can find plenty of references telling me that it's an authentication
failure
( eg
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/7_0_1/rtmt_ma
ster/rtalsys.html)

But that document provides -no- assistance in learning how to track down
more details about what's going on.

This really doesn't tell me what to DO about it.

AuthenticationFailed

Authentication validates the user ID and password that are submitted
during log in. An alarm gets raised when an invalid user ID and/or the
password gets used.

Default Configuration

Table D-1 Default Configuration for the AuthenticationFailed RTMT Alert

Value
Enable Alert

Selected

Severity

Critical

Enable/Disable this alert on the following servers

Enabled on listed servers

Threshold

Number of AuthenticationFailed events exceeds:

1 time in the last 1 minute

Duration

Trigger alert immediately

Frequency