[cisco-voip] DNS client on CUCM, Unity servers?

venkata sashank reachsashank at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 10:45:17 EDT 2009

Dear all,

I would like to give my recent expiereince. I have got a 7836 preloaded with
7.0. I had an existing server which was working on 6.0. because of this on
the new server, i had to manually install the new server with 6.0.  and i
had to restore the back up. so once it has been done i again upgraded to
6.1. Bec io have an upgradation dvd which supports upgradation from 6.1 to
7.0. So after upgrading to 6.1 i tested everything and  i was able to get 2
to 3 phones working.  So i went ahead and  i upgraded to 7.0 . Now my
problem has started. Whenever i login i am getting an "database
communication error". spoken with cisco tac, after 4 engineers worked on the
issue. the fifth engineer was able to give find out that it was the dns
issue. My new server is not connected in the network, but i gave the dns
servers ip addresses. So because of this the informix db has stopped when i
removed the dns everything start working fine. Hope this info will help you.