[cisco-voip] Night Bell setup

Mike Lydick mike.lydick at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 09:26:17 EDT 2010

Looking for suggestions for the following night bell setup.

Replacing a Key-system that allow the night service calls to be parked at an
extension and continue to ring a night bell. The call comes in and rings the
night bell and any user can dial a pattern and call is picked up on that
phone.

The new system is CUCMBE, Cisco 2921 with VWIC2-FXS. I was thinking of doing
a MGCP FXS POTS port. Placing that line in a Call Pickup group and the
placing all phone lines in that pickup group. The problem with this is it
does not scale when we have to add other pickup groups at that site. I am
thinking that nesting the pickup groups might help with this.

Does some have a different approach for accomplishing the same scenario?

Best Regards,

Mike Lydick