[cisco-voip] QoS and Microsoft OCS

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Mon Apr 5 10:13:11 EDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 8:39 AM, Matt Slaga (US)
<Matt.Slaga at us.didata.com> wrote:

> With this said, the next release of OCS (now called ‘MCS’) will be a much closer peer-level with Cisco on the voice side.  For now though, the best of both worlds can be found in integration of the two.

I'm curious... we have had CallManager/Unity/Contact Center Express in
use for several years (although we don't take advantage of as many
features as we could).  We also have Exchange (2003, soon to be 2010)
for our main mail system (our Unity server is in a separate AD
forest/exchange store although that's likely to change).  There's been
some push by our Exchange people to implement some of the OCS
functionality for our users.

Is there really a benefit to going with OCS vs using what we have with
Cisco and maybe adding a CUPS server?  The promised XMPP integration
in CUPS 8 looks very interesting to me.  I also need to implement
Cisco Emergency Responder soon too.

--
Jeff Ollie