[cisco-voip] Alternate alerting tones?

Andre Beck cisco-voip at ibh.net
Mon Apr 5 14:11:08 EDT 2010

Hi Nick,

On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 11:22:50AM -0500, Nick Matthews wrote:
> If you change the cp-tone on a FXS port on a router you will receive
> the alerting tone for that country.
>
> If you really want to customize it you can do it with the test voice
> tone command.  You can use the same command structure to show what
> these values are for other countries, but this is only a 1-time use
> command.  You would need to write an EEM script to put this into the
> router each time it loads.
>
> test voice tone IT 2nd_dialtone 1 425 0 -150 -150 -150 0 0 0 200 200
> 600 1000 0 0 0 0
>

> EEM:
>
>  event manager applet setITsecondDialtone
>   event syslog occurs 1 pattern ".*%SYS-5-RESTART: System restarted --.*"
>   action 1.0 syslog msg "Setting DIAL_TONE2 for cptone IT"
>   action 2.0 cli command "enable"
>   action 3.0 cli command "test voice tone IT 2nd_dialtone 1 425 0 -150
> -150 -150 0 0 0 200 200 600 1000 0 0 0 0"
>   action 4.0 syslog msg "DIAL_TONE2 for cptone IT has been set"

That's cool, especially the way you hook it up using EEM on the RESTART
syslog message. Thanks a lot for that idea, I'll keep it in that special
box for magic solutions. So far we managed to persuade the other side
to add code so they will send us their special tone in-band with the
ALERTING, but when something goes wrong with that, I'll have another
potential way out.

Thanks again,
Andre.
--
                    Cool .signatures are so 90s...

-> Andre Beck    +++ ABP-RIPE +++      IBH IT-Service GmbH, Dresden <-