[cisco-voip] SS7-SIP gateway recommendations

Matthew Saskin msaskin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 09:13:34 EDT 2010

The Dialogic IMG1010 is a relatively inexpensive platform that can do PRI,
SS7, and IP protocols (SIP/H323) - great SIP and SS7 capabilities, however
the troubleshooting tools available for ISDN connectivity leave something to
be desired.  As with any gear of this level, multi chassis (up to 32 iirc)
controlled by a centralized management system, devices operate independently
of the management system once programmed.  1U box can support up to a DS3,
so you won't be able to terminate larger connections unless you mux them
down earlier.

Matthew Saskin
msaskin at gmail.com
203-253-9571

July 18, 2010 - 1500m swim (in the hudson), 40k bike, 10k run
Please support the Leukemia & Lyphoma Society
http://pages.teamintraining.org/nyc/nyctri10/msaskin