[cisco-voip] Unity Voice File Recording

Thomas LeMay thomaslemay at comcast.net
Fri Apr 9 07:00:25 EDT 2010

Recently, a few subscribers on an unity 4.0.5 system have received an
unusual voice file recording in their inbox as a result of an activated
voice messaging system calling their extension.  This has occurred almost
daily for the past several days and the txt of the wav file is as follows:

This voice file is in response to an activated voice messaging system.  This
file should be replaced with another voice file that provides more customer
information usually a 1-800 toll free number.  Does any one have any idea
why we are getting this and how to resolve it?  It is almost like the
behavior you would expect when a fax machine dials a telephone set extension
repeatedly.  In that case you would just transfer that call to a fax
machine.  What could be done is this situation?  I checked the application
logs but did not see anything.  A review of the subscriber call logs
indicates a missed call from External number.

Thanks,

Tom