[cisco-voip] SG3 Faxing and IOS v15.1 (new thread)

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Fri Apr 9 16:30:57 EDT 2010

Thanks for this Nick. Documentation errors cause a bit of an issue, since that's where the TAC looks for support entitlement. This occurs mainly in the non-U.S. based support centres where if it is not on the data sheet, they're not helping. I usually get things escalated back into the U.S. and the TAC engineers are more "investigative" and help figuring things out.

I like the idea of SCCP since it simplifies configuration, procedures, etc. But if I need a separate stack of MGCP based VG224s for faxing, I can do that too. Not a big deal. Not sure how SRST would work in a case like that, guess I would need to create dial-peers for inbound and outbound calls. More reason for SCCP.

I guess I can just try configuring things on my spare VG224 and router and see how things go. Call up the TAC if I have problems and see what they say.

Thanks again, Lelio