[cisco-voip] CTI route Points

Tim Smith thsglobal at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 04:04:15 EDT 2010

Hi Tim,

I think I get what you are asking here. Feel free to correct me!

You have remote users say, that you dont want to have real physical
extensions, but you do want them to have a number on one of your indial
ranges. It would simply be diverted to voicemail. Then you could use vm
notifications / unified messaging or simply have the caller dial in and
retrieve them over the phone.

You dont have to create multiple CTI route points. You can simply create 1
route point with as many DN's as you need.

In 4.1 (since there is no licensing enforced) you could simply create dummy
phones for this purpose and just CFWD all to voicemail. This is probably
nicer as you can use BAT to add / remove / update them.

Alternatively you may also be able to use translation patterns, but there is
no bulk add (without your own custom script) until v6.x and above. Just not
sure if VM will see the original dialed number in this case, or simply drop
them into the default greeting.

Cheers,

Tim.

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 5:19 PM, Tim Foo <kinusca at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There is requirement for VOicemail only extensions in which users will
> leave voicemails and the users will retrieve their voicemails.
>
> One option is to create CTI route points of each fo these users and forward
> them to teh Voicemail.. I have 150 odd users , is there an easier way fo
> doing them.
>
> Is there a practical limitation on the number of CTI route points that can
> be created. I am using CCM 4.1 on MCS 7835.
>
> Thanks

Cheers,

Tim