[cisco-voip] CUCM 7.1(3a) ATA Box rejected

STEVEN CASPER SCASPER at mtb.com
Fri Apr 16 18:44:00 EDT 2010

So what if you have a bunch of ATAs stuck at 3.02.03,  is there any downside to just leaving them there?

Steve

>>> Ryan Ratliff <rratliff at cisco.com> 4/14/2010 2:42 PM >>>
The issue was with the size of the configuration file and a 4k limit the ATAs had.  Typically the ATA will fail to parse the file if it's too large, and just try to register with the configured TFTP server.  If the TFTP server isn't in the CM group for the ATA this could cause the registration to get rejected.

The easiest way to try and workaround this is to create a device pool with a CM group with only a single server in it, and as minimal of a configuration as you can make it.  This will hopefully drop the config file down below 4k and let the ATA upgrade to the newer load.  At that point you can move it back to the normal device pool and it will be fine.

-Ryan

On Apr 13, 2010, at 11:03 AM, Robert Kulagowski wrote:

>> we plan the upgrade of our Callmanager Cluster from 4.2(3) to 7.1(3a).
>> We have some ATA Boxes attached to the CallManager. We tried the upgrade in
>> our lab and found out, that most of the ATA Boxes updatetd itself fine.
>> However one Box appears as "Rejected" in the ccmadmin Device Pages. I did a
>> factory reset, but the ATA box is still rejected.
>>
>> Has anyone an idea why? Other ATA Boxes with the same HW typ are up and
>> running.
>
> Have you checked the archives of this list?  I'm pretty sure that
> you'll see that there's an issue with the firmware of the ATA needing
> to be on 3.2.4 _before_ the upgrade to 7.1.3(a).

This email may contain privileged and/or confidential information that is intended solely for the use of the addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient or entity, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of the information contained in the transmission.  If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.  This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.  You may not directly or indirectly reuse or disclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.
There are risks associated with the use of electronic transmission.  The sender of this information does not control the method of transmittal or service providers and assumes no duty or obligation for the security, receipt, or third party interception of this transmission.