[cisco-voip] IOS 15 Bug - CSCtf08864

H, Tim TimH at trstone.com
Thu Apr 29 08:19:01 EDT 2010

Looks like they have some valid workarounds now:
Workaround:
===========
( I) Ask the service provider to send flags between frames instead of idle
marks. Idle marks [11111111] may be sent to fill the gap between useful
frames. Alternatively, a series of flags [01111110] may be transmitted to
fill gaps between frames instead of transmitting idle marks [11111111].
Continuous transmission of signals is required to keep both the
transmitting and receiving nodes synchronized.

(II) If (I) above is not possible an IOS image with a candidate fix is
available. The candidate fix has a high confidence level of resolving the
PRI voice call issues described above, and has proven to be successful in
several field deployments complaining of similar call problems. Please
contact the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) for details on
obtaining the candidate fix.

Tim