[cisco-voip] CUCM AD integration

Madziarczyk, Jonathan JMad at cityofevanston.org
Thu Apr 29 12:26:35 EDT 2010

Hey Carl,

Yes, we are using something similar in our implementation.  We have secondary users in AD that are simply the extension number AD user = "1234" (be sure to make the extension the last name and not the first or you'll get issues)

Then we just associate both the normal AD user (jsmith) and the extension AD user (1234) to the phone/profile.  This way the user can log into the phone with their extension number (and the pin for that extension number) and log into the self-service website using their normal network credentials.  The only drawback is that the pins between jsmith and 1234 are different because they are separate accounts (though you could sync them on a case by case basis).

Again, nothing that hasn't been already stated, but just wanted to give you an example of someone who is using it currently the way you're describing.

Jon