[cisco-voip] Sending a tone after pickup, before voice

Brantley Richbourg Brantley.Richbourg at MMICNC.COM
Thu Apr 29 13:31:37 EDT 2010

To send a tone, just dial some digits that.  For example, we dial 8100, then 0, then 91379137.  8100 is the extension, 0 tells the paging system to turn on, and then 91379137 plays over the intercom to get attention.  We set a speed dial at the front desk that they use to page someone.

From: cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net [mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Madziarczyk, Jonathan
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 1:21 PM
To: cisco-voip at puck-nether.net
Subject: [cisco-voip] Sending a tone after pickup, before voice

These are the kinds of random requests I get :)

Currently we've got 5 individual buildings with 5 separate PA systems (tied to VoIP using 5 ATA 186 and 5 Viking RAD-1a devices to pickup on ring).  Currently they are used only for in-house paging (a 4digit extension on the ATA with a translation pattern, unique to each building, tied to the phones for 1digit dialing)  They now want to be able to call in from a central place and connect to all PA systems simultaneously.  On top of that, they want to play a loud tone of some kind over the PA before the Central voice statement comes over the PA.  Think navy whistle followed by "now hear this, now hear this, everyone report to location X for a briefing".

Ideas?

I'm pretty sure a broadcast hunt group won't work since the first RAD1A to pickup will stop all the others from picking up (unicast, not multicast).  If this can't be done with build in Cisco CUCM options, can something like this be attained via a 3rd party product, like Berbee's product?

JonM

</PRE><P>Confidentiality: The information in this electronic mail may contain confidential, sensitive and/or protected health information intended only for the addressee(s).  Any other person, including anyone who believes he/she might have received it due to an addressing error, is requested to notify this sender immediately by return e-mail, and shall delete it without further reading and retention.  The information shall not be forwarded or shared unless in compliance with MMIC policies on confidentiality, and/or the written permission of this sender.
</P>