[cisco-voip] SIP for PSTN

James Avalos javalos at adobe.com
Tue Aug 3 14:48:26 EDT 2010

Does anyone out there use a SIP trunk for PSTN and DID routing out there??
I'm considering converting one of my field offices from a standard TDM circuit to SIP, and wanted to know if anyone could share their experiences.
What are the benefits and downsides.  I know it's supposed to allow for flexible management of your DID's, but if you're using an MPLS circuit to
piggyback your DID's onto and it goes down, you have no failover, varying on how you're configured, etc. etc..
and what does the config look like on the CUCM side?  I gather it's still configured as a gateway.

Experiences, anyone?

Thanks!

-james

javalos at adobe.com<mailto:javalos at adobe.com>