[cisco-voip] Restore DB replication in cucm

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Tue Aug 10 16:17:25 EDT 2010

It very much depends on what is broken but in general you want to take the action that is least service impacting.

I'd go restart->reset (individual)->clusterreset.

The dropadmindb should ONLY be used in one specific scenario (when the syscdr database is corrupted).  Running it at any other time is only going to cause more problems.

If you are ever in doubt of what to do to correct replication, just open a TAC SR.  There is really no one-shot "guaranteed to fix your replication" procedure for informix.   The action needed relies a great deal upon what particularly is broken.  Many times underlying network connectivity is what is breaking replication and no CLI command will get around that.

Thanks for pointing out those docs, they obviously didn't get enough review before getting published and will be corrected (or removed entirely).  You should consider both of them wrong, and never again look at them.

Our local dbreplication expert is writing up a document for the Cisco Support Community (supportforums.cisco.com) to cover dbreplication for linux-based appliance CUCM.   I'll make sure to send it out when he completes it.

-Ryan