[cisco-voip] Tools to generate firmware reports

Matthew Ballard mballard at otis.edu
Thu Aug 12 20:34:06 EDT 2010

I figured out one trick with some help from TAC when I had the same
issue (probably would help with the 7925), but at least for wired phones
on Cisco switched, the phone reports the firmware version using CDP to
the switch.  The following command will let you view the firmware for
all reasonably new SCCP devices:
sh cdp nei det | include SCCP

It should work with older ones as well, but you will need to change the
include line (the 7940 reports their firmware differently, and SIP would
be different as well).

This way you can check a bunch of phones instead of one at a time.

Matthew