[cisco-voip] OT: Installation cost

Kim Casserly solarwinds321 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 17 17:21:06 EDT 2010

I know this is a very generic question, but does anyone have a ballpark range
(or percentage of HW cost) of installation costs for a VoIP install? We are
definitely going to bid out the project, but if installation services are over
"X" amount, we have to jump through some additional hoops. We have a rough
estimate of what the cost will be for the hardware based upon our usual discount
off list.

The project would essentially consist of:

Phase 1 - VoIP core and Pilot:

Installation / configuration of CUCM (Qty 4: 1 pub, 3 subs)
Installation, configuration, integration of Unity Connections
Installation of Presence
Setup UCCX (~300 agents)
Integration of Office Communicator through CUCI-MOC
Integration with existing NEC IMX PBX
Configuration of four ISR G2 VGs
Installation of ~300 phones (in pilot)
Installation, configuration of Emergency Responder
Initial setup and testing of VG224s

Phase 2 - Remaining campus cutover

~3500 phones
Phased cut-over based upon building (non-contiguous dial plan in buildings)
~1000 analog lines (terminated in four different locations) with use of VG224s

This would be a single-site deployment, with a fairly homogeneous feature-set
across phones (except for a few small groups requiring ACD & intercoms).

Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond. Hopefully, the OT post doesn't
offend anyone :-)

Take care.

-K